Friday, December 28, 2012

on hold

Real life calling, can't get into any big time commitment game now. But I still want something with the substance of a sim or strategy game. I was thinking of revisiting the entire Age of Empires series, so I checked out some vids on YouTube. I got some good nostalgia out of the sound effects, but the visuals were kind of too small.

The small visuals reminded me just how far the Age series has come; those old games might be too crude to play now, other than for brief nostalgia. But there's some good stuff in there, and it might be enough to draw me in for a few weeks. So I won't go there just yet. Maybe I'll play a little Age of Empires 3. Its not an especially deep game, and its somewhat boring, so I think I can pick it up and drop it with little risk of accidentally losing a week or a month.

Age of Empires II (2013)

2024.01.15 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition came out in 2019. Age of Empires II: HD Edition came out in 2013. I'm playing the older...