Saturday, December 15, 2012

Grand Theft Auto 4: shift work

I'm in a nice little routine here: rob drug dealers by day, manage nightclubs by night. Who needs the story missions?

Didn't this used to be out of 25, not out of 50?







OK, so now I got Sticky Bombs. I hope I am retroactively awarded the 3 other weapons I'm due.





I really liked nightclub management. I'm sad that there's only 8 missions in it. It was different.









(next day)

"Walk Free" achievement? For losing 4 stars? Just another day at the office.





OK, 50 out of 50, and no weapon unlock. I'm starting to get a little tired of this. Besides, that's really more like 100 out of 50. At least every other mission ends in some disaster that isn't exactly my fault, but is still my problem. Like jumping into the water and dying instantly. Or having the target vehicle get flipped over, and I can't right it because I'm surrounded by cops, and can't leave the scene or I'll lose the car. Or a teammate steps in front of my field of fire. Its a high failure rate. And I'm not even currently enjoying the benefit of the weapon unlocks.

Back to missions.

What a view from up here.

And now I have a shotgun with explosive shells. Life is good.

Wait - now I have to jump off this thing?

Cool.

Yet another reminder that I am, in fact, playing Grand Theft Auto.



Oh great. I already thought my map was needlessly cluttered with drug war icons (when all you really need is one). Now its absolutely rotten with base jumping icons. I hope these go away if I do them, but I doubt it. Why can't I turn things on and off in mini-map?

I've been wondering now, for a long time, who was it that fucked up this diamond deal. Now I know, it was me.

This incident practically begs for a third chapter to Grand Theft Auto 4. There's still one party at this transaction that is not represented.

Age of Empires II (2013)

2024.01.15 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition came out in 2019. Age of Empires II: HD Edition came out in 2013. I'm playing the older...