Sunday, December 9, 2012

Grand Theft Auto 4: idiot ball, end

I haven't raged this hard against this game since the frustrating end of the main GTA 4 game. It's another one of those situations where you have the boss at your mercy, and he's clearly a threat if you let him go, but you let him go so you can do an even harder mission against him later. If the main GTA 4 was written by the "B" team, then these add-ons were written by the "C" team.

Well, at least the game knows how to finish. Nothing like an extended gun battle, and then an execution. I especially like the funeral at the end, it seems fitting.


I really enjoyed the end credits, watching the adventures of Niko and Johnny from a great height. It was especially interesting when their paths almost intersected. I was wondering if they would show anything from the second add-on, and then there it was, on the roof of the museum. I wonder what awaits for the end credits of that add-on.

Not sure how I feel about this episode, TLAD, but I think it was a good length for an add-on. The overall quality was a bit spotty, but worth a playthrough. Not going to stop and think about it much more, as there isn't anything left worth doing but some races and gang wars, which really serve no purpose now. I called everyone in my contact list, listened to the goodbyes. I think I actually feel a little bad for Johnny, he's lost basically everything he knew.

As usual after finishing a game, I hit the net to see what I missed, and usually end up on gamefaqs site. Looks like I missed all the Stubbs extra jobs; wasn't aware of them. Not much else left to do. Time to move on to the next add-on.

Age of Empires II (2013)

2024.01.15 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition came out in 2019. Age of Empires II: HD Edition came out in 2013. I'm playing the older...