Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Grand Theft Auto 4: drug wars

Now that the helicopter business is done, its time for some fun. I will try to get to at least 25 of these before stopping. I might even do some other side missions, like the seagulls. I didn't think it was worth it before, but I'm really liking this chapter so far.

OK, I don't know if this is lame or not, but I botched my first night of nightclub management. I failed to get the VIP out before the paparazzi got a picture of him. I tried not to kill the guy on the motorcycle, and so the guy got his picture. I spent a fair bit of time just standing around in the club, too. I don't know how this activity is even rewarded, or if I can break it up into more bite size pieces.

Hey, I completed 10 rounds of drug war, where's my reward? I'm supposed to get a new weapon spawn at my hideout for every 10 of these. Reading... oh, there are certain missions that need to be completed first. Lame.

(a few days later)

Playing on and off, got up to 20 drug wars done. It's slow going. Something stupid happens all the time, like a teammate dying. Its fun but tedious, need to take a break. Dessie keeps calling, and I'm interested in seeing more nightclub management.

The music started promptly at 9 pm, but the outside security and patrons didn't appear until I stepped through the door.

I found another use for the joystick. When you are in the nightclub, the controls are different. You mostly walk or fast-shuffle, and move your head back and forth - that's it. This is cumbersome with a mouse, but easier with joystick. What else can joystick do?

Were all the good achievement names taken? They couldn't come up with anything better than "Snow Queen"?

Age of Empires II (2013)

2024.01.15 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition came out in 2019. Age of Empires II: HD Edition came out in 2013. I'm playing the older...