Friday, January 1, 2016

status 2016 January

2016.01.01
How soon I can get a new video card determines the next game. I'm going through what's optimized in the NVIDIA GeForce Experience, and I'm clearly having trouble with newer games.

Is Fallout New Vegas even an option right now? Time to install and see what the nvidia thinks of it. I need some disk space, I'll dump the Mass Effect series, I'm not playing that again in the near future.

Video set to Ultra High Quality, the installer says. NVIDIA app says my settings are Optimal, almost 100%. We are a go for Fallout New Vegas.

GTA 5 is easy and light to pop in and out of, but I'm wasting time. I should save that for whenever I can upgrade my video. Starcraft 2, episode 3 also has high enough requirements that I should wait for my next video card. It looks like Fallout New Vegas might be the cutoff for this video setup. After that its only old games or upgrade.

Age of Empires II (2013)

2024.01.15 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition came out in 2019. Age of Empires II: HD Edition came out in 2013. I'm playing the older...