Monday, May 9, 2016

status 2016 May - Oct

2016.05.09
Going through the Steam "Queue" (suggested recommendations?), I find Factorio. Funny reviews, maybe even a good game, added to wishlist.

Buy Dead Island Collection for $5.99, and Hatoful Boyfriend Collector's Edition for $3.74.

2016.07.25
While wrapping up the Fallout New Vegas post, I noticed Fallout 3 was still installed. I haven't cleaned house in a while.

There are a bunch of saves in C: that need to be moved to Z: (after deleting most of them and RAR'ing the rest).

In addition to Fallout 3 and NV saves, there's Age of Empires 3 saves, even though its not installed anymore.

2016.07.30
I have a bunch of Age of Empires (1 + 2, DLCs, etc.) installed, but in Windows, not in Steam. Uninstall all that. If I play AOE2 again, it should be the HD version in Steam.

I have two Plants vs Zombies installed. Uninstall from Steam, uninstall from Windows.

How is it that Planescape - Torment is still installed. Its like I can't even clean up after myself. I think sometimes, maybe most of the time, I slowly lose interest in something as I gain interest in something else. I usually don't draw a line and say no more of this.

Uninstaller says: "Unable to delete folder 'C:\Torment'."
There's still ~2gb left. Is this leftover from my first run through, and afterwards I installed some mods? Why didn't I delete this. Checking notes...

2016.09.02
I'm trying to alternate books with games, but sometimes I need something that's the equivalent of doing crossword puzzles, or playing Tetris. Right now, for me that's Left for Dead 2.

2016.09.11
Steam sales. Missed Borderlands. Got Dead Space for five bucks.

2016.09.19
Sometimes I connect to GTA 5 online. This is often prompted by some give-away that requires you log in that week. Its like I'm looking for something, but its not there, and I soon disconnect.

2016.09.25
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition for $7.49 seems worth it, LA Noire, even at a dollar less, not so much.

2016.10.02
I'm spending more and more time playing GTA 5 Online, so it might as well get its own page.

2016.10.07
Steam sale, purchase Total Annihilation for $1.49.

2016.10.16
Steam sale, purchase Saints Row 2 for $2.49.

2016.10.18
Steam sale, purchase I Am Alive for $3.74.

Age of Empires II (2013)

2024.01.15 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition came out in 2019. Age of Empires II: HD Edition came out in 2013. I'm playing the older...