Friday, November 30, 2012

Grand Theft Auto 4: The Greasy Chopper

I feel like I've already been here, exploring biker culture in GTA Vice City. But as it moves along, I see the story getting a little deeper, maybe even a little more interesting. Once again we return to the theme that it sucks to be the sane and sensible Number Two in service of a crazy master. It's a good theme, and a good source of conflict to drive the story.

It's hard to have much sympathy for these people, but they're growing on me. I've just starting doing the gang wars, and its a pleasant reminder of GTA San Andreas. It appeals to my nature to collect the whole set, especially when it consists of brief but satisfying battles. I kind of missed conquering territories and buying businesses, but GTA 4 was just not that kind of story.

I like the new radio station, Vice City FM, for a whole bunch of reasons, but why did they have to remove The Source? That was all I was listening to for most of GTA 4. I understand they may have had to remove a channel to make room for another (not really), but why not remove Radio Vladivostok, which was clearly the Bellic's channel? Its not like they did it for story reasons.

Motorcycles seem different now. In the previous game they were hard to control, and not much fun. Now it feels like I've taken a few levels in motorcycle, kind of like in San Andreas where you have measurable in-game skills that you can increase. Which makes sense, since Niko probably shouldn't have much experience with bikes, and Johnny should have a lot. Not sure why it subjectively feels so noticeably better now.

Age of Empires II (2013)

2024.01.15 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition came out in 2019. Age of Empires II: HD Edition came out in 2013. I'm playing the older...